Are you looking for an easy, healthy meal prep option? Look no further!
5 EASY & HEALTHY CROCKPOT CHICKEN MEALS
- COOL RANCH SHREDDED CHICKEN TACOS
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T chili powder, 1tsp pepper, and 1/2tsp of each of the following – salt, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder)
- 1 dry ranch seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T dried parsley, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp dried onion flakes, 3/4tsp dill, 1/2tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Traditional ranch seasoning packets also include 1T dried buttermilk but I omitted it because I don’t keep it on-hand.)
- Combine all ingredient in crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauces and spices left in crockpot.
- SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BBQ CHICKEN
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ketchup (I like Simply Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Create homemade BBQ sauce by combining ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, hot sauce, and curry powder.
- Add chicken breasts to your slow cooker and top with BBQ sauce.
- Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker to mix with remaining BBQ sauce.
- ASIAN CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- 2 pounds of ground chicken (you can also substitute ground beef or ground turkey)
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, grated (1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Break apart chicken and mix with sauce in slow cooker.
- CHICKEN BROCCOLI AND RICE CASSEROLE
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 lime (for juice and zest)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped bite size
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive or Coconut oil spray
Recipe Prep Instructions
- In a strainer, rinse Jasmine rice several times and let drain while preparing the other ingredients.
- Juice and zest 1 lime.
- Chop 2 cups of broccoli and slice green onions.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces. Then salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the inside (bottom and sides) of the Crockpot to prevent sticking.
Crockpot Cooking Instructions
- Place the rinsed rice into your Crockpot and cover with the coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Add half of the lime juice, the garlic powder and half of the chopped green onion.
- Layer the broccoli on top of the rice and liquid.
- Layer the chicken slices on top of the broccoli.
- Add the remainder of the lime juice, zest and green onion.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours or until the rice is tender.
- ITALIAN CHICKEN
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 – 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients (except chicken) together and mix for about 30 seconds until ingredients are mixed well.
- Place chicken breasts and sauce in crock; cover and Crock on LOW heat for 7 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Let chicken absorb sauce and crock for another 30 mins. to 1 hour on LOW.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or quinoa.
- Optional: Add any fresh vegetables to this dish it will only make it better!