Strength training does more than make you look and feel confident. Not only does it add more definition to your entire body, but it has countless health benefits as well. The benefits only multiply as we get older. As we age, our bodies are at an increased risk of sarcopenia (loss of muscle mass) and osteoporosis (decrease in bone density). A regular training plan can help to combat those losses.
To name a few…
- Increased bone density
- Better balance, coordination, agility, power, and mobility
- ✔️An ability to do everyday activities without worrying about getting hurt
- Fewer symptoms associated with arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, obesity, and back pain
- Improved sleep patterns, mood, and stress levels
- It increases your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which means you’ll burn more calories throughout the day, even when you’re not working out. The result is more lean muscle mass and less body fat, and that’s something you can’t get that with just cardio